A few weeks back, I bragged about my Flying Vee, that it was ‘flying’ off the needles, which was completely true. I loved this yarn and watching the project take form. Fast forward to last Saturday, and I finished it. I got the last stitches bound off, wet blocked and dried and started seaming it together. That’s when I knew I had a problem.
The t-shirt is written so that it tapers at the waist, and I was a little concerned about needed a little more ease for my middle, so I was making the shirt with a mod the designer provided for more room at the waist. In the middle of seaming, I tried it on and was crestfallen to see how it was fitting on me. It was roomy in all the wrong places, doing me no favours and not giving me a flattering silhouette. I’m okay with the loose, boxy sweaters (my Joji Boxy is high up on my favourite sweaters ranking), but this one just wasn’t working like I wanted it to. I sent a picture to a friend, I Facetimed with my sister, all for that extra set of eyes and extra opinions. The result was unanimous. I ripped it all out.
Angry at this project going south, I rage-finished my pink and black vanilla socks and rage-started a set of skimmer socks, all before I could face that blue yarn to cast on one more time, this time as the designer wrote it without the waist modification.
I got there. It took a day or so, but I re-cast on Monday and knit a few rows to get it started.