There are worse knitting problems to have, I’m sure, but recently I can’t stop casting on new projects. I went through this earlier this year, ‘Start-itis’ I called it. I swear, this Product Knitter isn’t suddenly changing her stripes and becoming a Process Knitter, but I think, rather, I’m flush with inspiration. I keep seeing beautiful patterns, I have lovely yarn, and I just want the item.
For those who may not be familiar, they say there are two types of knitters: Product and Process. The big differences between the two?
- Are driven by the finished object, to ‘complete the thing’;
- Are typically working on a small amount pf projects at a time;
- Usually keep their finished objects for themselves to wear, love and enjoy
- Have many, many projects ongoing
- Are motivated by the process of knitting, by the excitement of creating something new
- Often will give their FOs away, getting satisfaction by making the thing.
Even though I am certainly feeling the excitement every time I cast on a new project, I am still driven by the desire to see it finished.
So, what am I currently working on? Glad you asked. Currently on the go, I have: 2 pairs of socks, 1 cardigan, 1 purse, 1 cowl, and 1 shawl. I have a few hats I want to get started as well, but for now, these six projects are keeping me plenty busy!