I’ve made good progress on my Captain America shawl. I’ve been working away at it, row by row and bead by bead, all the while watching any Marvel movie available on Netflix. I truly thought it would have taken far longer than it’s seeming to right now, but I’m happily watching the progress take place.
The yarn, as I explained last week was all hand dyed. The grey finished with steaks of mint green throughout, a result of the black I used for dye breaking, and after receiving encouraging comments from a Ravelry group, I decided to keep it as is. The green isn’t bothering me nearly as much as I feared it would at first glance.
The most challenging part of the shawl has been the beading, as this is a new technique for me. Like with all new things, at first it felt like such a foreign motion, but after over 300 beads, muscle memory starts to form and progress got faster. The beads are adding a lovely weight to the shawl, and I’m just excited to see it taking shape. That I get to re-watch any Marvel movie I can get my hands on, well that’s just an added bonus.