How is it that it’s Monday already? I have not intentionally fallen behind on my posts, but it feels like I’ve just blinked and June has somehow ended. Anyone else feel this way? Just me? Great.
I’ve been busy, making really great progress on my Doodler shawl by Stephen West. See:
Remember weeks ago, when I wrote about my Captain America shawl and didn’t pay attention to required meterage? And remember when I had to frog almost half a hat because I, oh that’s right, didn’t pay attention to meterage. Well, I wasn’t about to do that again. Pattern called for 325 metres. I had 345 metres in my skein of Mineville Wool Project. I’ll be great, I foolishly thought. Only a handful of rows to go, and I ran out of yarn. A trip to the yarn store later, I find a skein that’s as close of a match as I’ll be able to get, so I work a few rows, and the new yarn sticks out like a sore thumb. It was painfully obvious that the skeins didn’t match. So I frogged the entire wedge, rows and rows of work, and I re-worked the wedge alternating the two skeins. It worked, and with the cabled edging being worked along the top, I don’t think it will be as noticeable.
After two painful instances of not paying attention to meterage, I thought I did good and was in the clear. Maybe this is my trend this year. Oh I truly hope not…